Sunday, October 23, 2011

BlogPost 9

“Describe an example of Emergent Behavior that you participated in or that you witnessed”
Justify why your example constitutes Emergence, describe the scenario from both your individual perspective and a global perspective (outside observer)


During the emergent behavior activity on Wednesday, I have participated in and witnessed a lot of emergence but I found one particular example interesting. That was the one when we had to create words with the letters that were on the back of our t-shirts.  This particular case showed a lot of emergence because it was interesting to see how people split up and tried to form words with the letters that were assigned. Everyone that had a vowel was very wanted because its very easy to build words around them. In my particular case I had a consonant, C, and i found my self wandering around the atrium trying to fit in only to realize that no one wanted me as its is not a common and easy letter to work with. I think that I had it bad, now think about X, V and Q , no one wanted them. That's what my experience was like, little groups forming and me walking around trying to fit, ending up by myself. As an outsider, the professors in this case also had an interesting view. I'm sure they saw people trying to find groups and few walking around trying to integrate their letter in or expand the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment